Tuesday, August 09, 2005

What am I reading?

Well, nobody asked me this question. If I were a CEO, may be Business World or Business Today would have asked me to share with their readers as to what books inspires me! But then, I can blog...

A month ago, I read Amitav Ghosh's The Glass Palace. Simply superb, it is a novel that takes you through the narration and gives you a place in the whole story. One of my key take away from this book was the fact that I got a lot of insight into Myanmar. Till reading this novel, it never struck to me as to how little I know of Myanmar or the erstwhile Burma excepting the struggle for democracy led by Aung San Suu Kyi. Link to the author's personal web site - http://www.amitavghosh.com

This morning I finished reading the much acclaimed The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho (http://www.paulocoelho.com) It took me more than a month to finsh this book - read it more like five pages a day kind of thing. You could start reading the book from anywhere in between and there is a certain essence in it!

Happy reading!

No comments: